Character Artist (m/f/d)
- Work experience
Deep Silver FISHLABS
For more than 15 years at Deep Silver FISHLABS we have been creating award-winning, chart-topping games that have been brought to life on millions of screens. At our core, we are a Studio for gamers, by gamers, and a reference in developing premium games with deep and engaging experiences across platforms.
As part of Koch Media and alongside our Deep Silver sister studios across the globe, we create stunning immersive experiences that inspire millions of players worldwide.
We are looking to continue building on our success with humble but talented and creative people who have a passion for making outstanding games and want to be at the forefront of gaming.
Are you ready for the challenge? Join us! This is going to be a thrilling ride.
Everyone at Fishlabs shares one common goal: to create a great visual experience - in a relaxed environment where team members have the time to learn from each other, and everyone plays an important role in the development of our upcoming state of the art games.
- Prototype new ideas and technologies as required, and make sure the character pipeline is at the cutting edge of technology
- Work closely with Concept Art, Animation and Direction to help ensure the quality of character production throughout the art pipeline
- Create documentation and technical guides as required
- You participated on more than one AAA production as a key contributor for character art
- Ability to create high-quality, game-ready, efficient, animation-friendly character assets
- Understanding of the game art pipeline and non-destructive, iterative workflow
- Strong understanding of Photoshop, ZBrush, and either Maya or 3ds Max
- Strong understanding of Substance Designer, Marvellous Designer and node-based shader editors, such as the Unreal Material Editor
- Knowledge of the impact of lighting in a game engine
- Excellent communication skill and ability to work well in a team
- Adaptable and versatile: a can-do attitude
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Get In Touch!
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.
- Lena Behring
- HR Manager
- +49 40 - 888 800 221