Head of Core Tech (m/f/d)
Deep Silver FISHLABS
For more than 15 years at Deep Silver FISHLABS we have been creating award-winning, chart-topping games that have been brought to life on millions of screens. At our core, we are a Studio for gamers, by gamers, and a reference in developing premium games with deep and engaging experiences across platforms.
As part of Koch Media and alongside our Deep Silver sister studios across the globe, we create stunning immersive experiences that inspire millions of players worldwide.
We are looking to continue building on our success with humble but talented and creative people who have a passion for making outstanding games and want to be at the forefront of gaming.
Are you ready for the challenge? Join us! This is going to be a thrilling ride.
- Lead our development efforts
- Ensure everyone can work to their best abilities
- Help partners and teams decide on technologies and strategies
- Ensure we can hit our milestones
- Contribute to scheduling and scoping of our projects
- Establish standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Identify and mitigate technical risks
- Coach and mentor technical leads and team members
- Provide career growth plans to our engineers and leads
- Strive to improve our technology and practices
- Attract, hire, and retain engineers
- Build and foster relationships with external and internal partners
- Confidently provide hands-on advice
- Oversee and review the quality and performance of our code and designs
- Be prepared to jump in and program or debug yourself when needed
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical leadership position
- Worked on the complete development cycle of at least 1 AA - AAA game shipped on consoles or PC
- At least 10 years of software development experience
- Bachelor‘s degree in Computer Science (or comparable experience)
- Extensive hands-on experience in C++ and at least one more programming language
- Experience in multiple areas of game development (gameplay, AI, tools, engines, audio, etc.)
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing for consoles and PC
- Mastery of good software engineering practices
- Experience recruiting and growing teams
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Willing to relocate to the greater Hamburg area, Germany area and/or be on-side regularly
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience working on multi-platform titles
- Experience working with remote teams
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Get In Touch!
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.
- Lena Behring
- HR Manager
- +49 40 - 888 800 221