Lead Programmer (m/f/d)
Deep Silver FISHLABS
For more than 15 years Deep Silver FISHLABS has been creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. We joined the Deep Silver / Koch Media family in late 2013 and, since then, we have continuously raised the quality bar. Today, we are one of four internal development studios run by our parent company, alongside Deep Silver Volition in the US, Deep Silver Dambuster Studio in the UK and Warhorse Studios in the Czech Republic.
We specialize in high-end 3D games for consoles and PC. With a strong development history and award-winning portfolio of mobile games; such as blockbuster space-action shooter Galaxy on Fire: Manticore and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors; we are currently developing thrilling titles for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Our team shares a strong vision is open minded and vividly discusses ideas, feedback, and concerns. Together we strive to create games we can be proud of and grow both on a professional as well as on a personal level.
As a Lead Programmer, you will lead a small programming team of 2 engineers and will work on an upcoming AAA first-person action game for consoles and PC.
- Operational overall responsibility for the technical fields like gameplay, UI, replication
- Responsibility for all coding- and engineering-related topics within the project
- Technical leadership of the team
- Collaborate closely with designers, other engineers and artists
- Architect, implement, improve and extend game features/systems
- Promote and uphold a high level of code quality
- Align with DS Dambuster on all technical matters
- This is not a fully remote position but it is possible to begin working remotely for the time being (during Covid-19).
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience and thereof at least 2 years in a similar leadership position in the video gaming industry
- At least two years of experience with Unreal Engine 4
- At least one year of experience with real-time synchronous Multiplayer development in Unreal Engine 4
- University degree in computer science (or comparable education)
- At least two shipped titles where credited as a Programmer
- Proven leadership abilities and strong communication skills
- Very good problem analysis skills and ability to find simple, robust and efficient solutions to complex problems
- The ability to understand and debug other programmer’s code
- Self-contained, motivated and aim-oriented way of working as well as high level of self-motivation
- Very good knowledge of the English language (written and spoken)
- Experience developing AAA titles on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Get In Touch!
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com. An application via our online tool is preferred.
- HR Manager
- Lena Behring
- +49 40 - 888 800 0