Level Design Internship – Action RPG (m/f/d)
Deep Silver FISHLABS
For more than 15 years Deep Silver FISHLABS has been creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. We joined the Deep Silver / Koch Media family in late 2013 and, since then, we have continuously raised the quality bar. Today, we are one of four internal development studios run by our parent company, alongside Deep Silver Volition in the US, Deep Silver Dambuster Studio in the UK and Warhorse Studios in the Czech Republic.
We specialize in high-end 3D games for consoles and PC. With a strong development history and award-winning portfolio of mobile games; such as blockbuster space-action shooter Galaxy on Fire: Manticore and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors; we are currently developing thrilling titles for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
We’re looking for an intern with a passion for level design to join our ranks and work with us on a badass co-operative Action RPG title built in Unreal Engine 4.
Work closely with our Senior Level Designer and development team in building level layouts, implementing player objectives and set dressing, resulting in beautiful and exciting levels for players to explore.
Do you love to craft believable yet challenging missions and worlds? Would you like to work in a tight-knit and highly experienced team on a AAA title? If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty and don’t shy away from a bit of gore, we’d love to have you on board!
The minimum duration of this internship is 6 months.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in whiteboxing gameplay areas that facilitate a variety of combat and mission scenarios
- Set up and test mission locations, triggers and pre-made blueprints
- Set up and iterate on enemy spawns and areas
- Populate the levels with a variety of obstacles and hazards for the player to navigate
- Assist in set dressing tasks to create a highly detailed world
- Participate in play sessions, give and receive feedback to finetune the player experience
- Currently pursuing or having recently completed a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in relevant field
- You’ve significantly contributed in the 3D level design in at least one game project (school or free time projects are fine, as long as you’ve got something to show for)
- Eager to learn and apply level design fundamentals: learning curves, means of player direction, difficulty levels, balancing, pacing, motivation and reward cycles, accessibility, etc.
- You’ve worked with at least one industry standard game engine or level creation toolkit
- Good level of written/spoken English
- Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills, plus the ability to convey abstract concepts
- You’ve done game or level design projects outside of school/work
- Experience with realistic-style set-dressing / level art
- Knowledge of Unreal Blueprints
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Get In Touch!
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.
- HR Manager
- Lena Behring
- +49 40 - 888 800 0