Senior Sound Designer (m/f/d)
- Publiziert: 12.11.2020
Deep Silver FISHLABS
For more than 15 years Deep Silver FISHLABS has been creating compelling games that have been brought to life on millions of screens across the globe. We joined the Deep Silver / Koch Media family in late 2013 and, since then, we have continuously raised the quality bar. Today, we are one of four internal development studios run by our parent company, alongside Deep Silver Volition in the US, Deep Silver Dambuster Studio in the UK and Warhorse Studios in the Czech Republic.
We specialize in high-end 3D games for consoles and PC. With a strong development history and award-winning portfolio of mobile games; such as blockbuster space-action shooter Galaxy on Fire: Manticore and the tactical zombie brawler Dead Island: Survivors; we are currently developing thrilling titles for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
This is a permanent position based in Hamburg, Germany, and requires working onsite but remote work could be seriously considered for an agreed period. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and cover letter in English. Applications without sound effect demo-reel won´t be considered.
- Create top notch sound effects using studio/foley recordings, synthesis and commercial material
- Sound design for cinematics and in-game cutscenes
- Verify assets are optimized for better performance across all platforms
- Use Wwise and in-house tools to implement assets while ensuring they perform as intended in game
- Sharing knowledge with the audio team and collaborating proactively with other departments, advocating your audio craftmanship and educating the rest of production when needed
- Championing the goals set with the Audio Director
- Make sure documentation for audio features is continually updated
- Several years of sound design experience from the video game industry
- Experience working with Wwise
- Experience with recording (both studio/field recording techniques), signal flow, processing and mixing
- Extensive knowledge of DAW tools like Reaper, Pro Tools or Nuendo
- Experience creating and mixing surround content
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation, on current console platforms & PC
- A passion for games
- A proven track record
- Relevant degree in a Music/Audio field, or the equivalent work experience
- Experience working with Unreal Engine and Blueprints is a plus
- Having worked on a AAA game is a plus
- Database knowledge like Hansoft, Jira is a plus
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Get In Touch!
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.
- HR Manager
- Lena Behring
- +49 40 - 888 800 0