Senior VFX Artist (m/f/d)
Deep Silver FISHLABS
For more than 15 years at Deep Silver FISHLABS we have been creating award-winning, chart-topping games that have been brought to life on millions of screens. At our core, we are a Studio for gamers, by gamers, and a reference in developing premium games with deep and engaging experiences across platforms.
As part of Koch Media and alongside our Deep Silver sister studios across the globe, we create stunning immersive experiences that inspire millions of players worldwide.
We are looking to continue building on our success with humble but talented and creative people who have a passion for making outstanding games and want to be at the forefront of gaming.
Are you ready for the challenge? Join us! This is going to be a thrilling ride.
Our team shares a strong vision, is open-minded, and vividly discusses ideas, feedback, and concerns. Together we strive to create games we can be proud of and grow both on a professional as well as on a personal level.
- Work as part of a small art team with lots of autonomy and creative ownership
- Elevate the project’s gameplay through stunning effects that convince on both an aesthetic and technical level
- Coordinate with our co-dev partner on technical constraints and requirements
- Strong overall familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 Particle Systems and Materials
- 5+ years of experience creating real-time visual effects for games, with at least one shipped title as a key contributor for VFX
- Ability to work in a photorealistic style, but also adapt to a variety of art styles as required by our projects
- Enthusiasm for creating dynamic, visceral combat and ability effects
- Strong familiarity with contemporary 3D and 2D software for the creation of game effect textures and meshes, such as Houdini, Substance Designer, Embergen and others (e.g. 3dsMax)
- Great understanding of color, contrast, and composition
- Formidable understanding of animation fundamentals to create compelling movement and flow
- Keen understanding of common performance concerns, and the ability to navigate them with one eye on the big picture and context of where your effects will be used.
- Great communication and self-organization skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine Blueprints is a strong plus
The studio is located in a bright, modern office, right in the center of Hamburg. With a selection of benefits for all our staff: Including discounted gym membership, fresh fruit and a variety of free drinks. A healthy work-life balance is important to you? For us too! That’s why we are also awarded as a family-friendly workplace. Coming from abroad? No problem! We also offer relocation packages.
Sounds good? Take a look here: www.dsfishlabs.com
Get In Touch!
If you have any further documents which you think might be worth sharing to underline your background and talents, we are happy to receive them as well. If you have questions regarding the application just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application via our online tool is preferred.
- Martina Gutsche
- Senior HR Manager